63 Elgin St, Collingwood, ON L9Y 3L6
Jesuit Fathers served among the Petun Indians in the Collingwood area in the 1640s, when their Huronia mission field reached its western boundary.
Priests from Penetanguishene began saying mass in settlements along Georgian Bay’s southern shore in the 1830s. With the arrival of the railway from Barrie in 1855, priests began to visit Collingwood more frequently.
Bishop De Charbonnel of Toronto blessed the first Catholic Church in Collingwood on Pine Street on March 14, 1858. It was originally served from Barrie, but in 1871 it was absorbed into the new parish of Nottawasaga.
Rev. Edward J. Kiernan, the pastor, travelled from Stayner to Collingwood in 1886 and founded the current church. Peterborough Bishop T.J. Dowling lay the cornerstone on May 24, 1888. The church was blessed on December 16, 1888, by the most Rev. R.A. O’Connor, Dean of Barrie.
North: Georgian Bay
East: South on 71st Street N,west on Mosley Street through Highway 26 to Sideroad 33 & 34 Nottawasaga
South: Sideroad 33 & 34 Nottawasaga
West: North on Collingwood Clearview Townline, Osler Bluff Road, Long Point Road to Georgian Bay